Background and Aims
Abbreviations used in this paper:AGA (American Gastroenterological Association), CD (Crohn’s disease), IBD (inflammatory bowel disease), ICD (International Classification of Disease), IFX (infliximab), TNF (tumor necrosis factor)
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Gastro Hep Advances
- The current state of the art for biological therapies and new small molecules in inflammatory bowel disease.Mucosal Immunol. 2018; 11: 1558-1570
- The influence of disease activity on pregnancy outcomes in women with inflammatory bowel disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Crohns Colitis. 2021; 15: 719-732
- Identifying patient priorities for preconception and pregnancy counseling in IBD.Dig Dis Sci. 2021; 66: 1829-1835
- European Crohn's and Colitis Organization (ECCO), the second European evidenced-based consensus on reproduction and pregnancy in inflammatory bowel disease.J Crohns Colitis. 2015; 9: 107-124
- Inflammatory bowel disease in pregnancy clinical care pathway: a report from the American Gastroenterological Association IBD Parenthood Project Working Group.Gastroenterology. 2019; 156: 1508-1524
- Achievement of developmental milestone among offspring of women with inflammatory bowel disease: the PIANO registry [abstract].Gastroenterology. 2014; 146: S1
- Early discontinuation of infliximab in pregnant women with inflammatory bowel disease.Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2020; 26: 1110-1117
- Concentrations of adalimumab and infliximab in mothers and newborns, and effects on infection.Gastroenterology. 2016; 151: 110-119
- Effects of discontinuing anti-tumor necrosis factor therapy during pregnancy on the course of inflammatory bowel disease and neonatal exposure.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013; 11: 318-321
- Anti-TNF therapy in pregnant women with inflammatory bowel disease: effects of therapeutic strategies on disease behavior and birth outcomes.Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2020; 26: 93-102
- Immunogenicity of engineered antibodies.Methods. 2005; 36: 3-10
- Comparing antibody and small-molecule therapies for cancer.Nat Rev Cancer. 2006; 6: 714-727
- The effects of pregnancy on the pharmacokinetics of infliximab and adalimumab in inflammatory bowel disease.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2017; 45: 1329-1338
- Anti-TNF levels in cord blood at birth are associated with anti-TNF type.J Crohns Colitis. 2018; 12: 939-947
- Pregnancy outcome after TNF-alpha inhibitor therapy during the first trimester: a prospective multicenter cohort study.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2015; 80: 727-739
- OTIS Collaborative Research Group. Birth outcomes in women who have taken adalimumab in pregnancy: a prospective cohort study.PLoS One. 2019; 14: e0223603
- Pregnancy outcomes in inflammatory bowel disease patients treated with vedolizumab, anti-TNF or conventional therapy: results of the European CONCEIVE study.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2020; 51: 129-138
- Coding algorithms for defining comorbidities in ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 administrative data.Med Care. 2005; 43: 1130-1139
- Continuous anti-TNFα use throughout pregnancy: possible complications for the mother but not for the fetus. A retrospective cohort on the French national health insurance database (EVASION).Am J Gastroenterol. 2018; 113: 1669-1677
- A novel high risk score to stratify severity of Crohn's disease hospitalizations.Am J Gastroenterol. 2010; 105: 1799-1807
- A simple score to identify colectomy risk in ulcerative colitis hospitalizations.Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2009; 16: 1532-1540
- The Montreal classification of inflammatory bowel disease: controversies, consensus, and implications.Gut. 2006; 55: 749-753
- Updating and validating the Charlson comorbidity index and score for risk adjustment in hospital discharge abstracts using data from 6 countries.Am J Epidemiol. 2011; 173: 676-682
- Matching on the estimated propensity score.Econometrica. 2016; 84: 781-807
- Biologics for inflammatory bowel disease and their safety in pregnancy: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2022; 20: 74-87.e3
- Pregnancy and neonatal outcomes after fetal exposure to biologics and thiopurines among women with inflammatory bowel disease.Gastroenterology. 2021; 160: 1131-1139
- Health outcomes of 1000 children born to mothers with inflammatory bowel disease in their first 5 years of life.Gut. 2021; 70: 1266-1274
- Estimating the birth prevalence and pregnancy outcomes of congenital malformations worldwide.J Community Genet. 2018; 9: 387-396
- The prevalence of selected major birth defects in the United States.Semin Perinatol. 2017; 41: 338-344
- Concerning trends in maternal risk factors in the United States: 1989-2018.EClinicalMedicine. 2020; 29-30: 100657
- Births: Final Data for 2018.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2019; 68: 1-47
- Exposure to anti-TNF[alpha]therapy in the third trimester of pregnancy is not associated with increased adverse out- comes: results from the PIANO registry [abstract].Gastroenterology. 2014; 146: S170
Conflicts of Interest: The authors disclose no conflicts.
Funding: The authors report no funding.
Ethical Statement: The corresponding author, on behalf of all authors, jointly and severally, certifies that their institution has approved the protocol for any investigation involving humans or animals and that all experimentation was conducted in conformity with ethical and humane principles of research.
Data Transparency Statement: Data, analytic methods, and study materials will be available to other researchers per request.
Writing Assistance: Johns Hopkins University Editorial Assistance Service Initiative.
User licenseCreative Commons Attribution – NonCommercial – NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article (private use only, not for distribution)
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
- Distribute translations or adaptations of the article
Elsevier's open access license policy